Friday, August 18, 2017

He Sees You - Devotional



Last night was my 10yo’s school play. It is a South African adaptation of Jack and the Beanstalk so instead of a beanstalk, we have a coral tree and instead of Jack, we have Jacobus

My girl has been cast as a skinny kitchen rat and her name is Thin-Thin. To make it all more exciting, they are dancing to the old UB40 song There’s a Rat in My Kitchen. As a mom and a UB40 fan, it just doesn’t get better than this. Their first show was last night, we’ve got tickets for tonight. I can’t wait! (That's why there are no pictures of her, just this generic coral tree.)

It was my turn to play taxi and do the after show pick up last night. My girl can be superbly slow at changing when you catch her on an off day so I hung around in the parking lot with the other parents for some time.

As the kids started dribbling out of their classrooms to find their families, I watched a tiny girl who wasn’t cast as a lead, but showed up anyway, and played her part as a soup ingredient or something. She may, or may not have been one of a bunch of carrots. 

This is not that little girl --->

The kid ran up to her mom and asked, “Did you see me?” The mom wrapped her in an enormous hug and responded, “I did! You were awesome!”

I stood there waiting for mine and watching this scene play out over and over.

Did you see me?

I did, you were amazing! 
Awesome! 
Incredible!

The Holy Spirit whispered quietly to my heart, so quietly that I heard it above all the excited noise...

I see you. You are amazing.

This is the beautiful truth I pass on to you today. It doesn’t matter where you’re at or why. It doesn’t matter if you’re at the top of your game, nailing your goals and achieving, or just surviving one day (one hour) at a time and not giving up. It doesn't matter if your dreams are tucked away in the back corner of your heart gathering dust, or if you are chasing after them so hard that your heart may explode.

He sees you.
And to Him, you are amazing.


Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. 
Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows. Luke 12 v 7.

Rest in that today. You are loved by the God of the universe. More than just loved, He thinks you're amazing! I think that's enough, don't you?

Dianne J. Wilson writes novels from her hometown in East London, South Africa, where she lives with her husband and three daughters. She is writing a three book YA series, Spirit Walker, with Pelican / Watershed, book 1, Affinity, releasing soonish.

Finding Mia is available from AmazonPelican / Harbourlight, Barnes & Noble and other bookstores.

Shackles is available as a free ebook from Amazon & Smashwords.


Find her on FacebookTwitter and her sporadic blog Doodles.


2 comments: